SBS Grading System
Students are expected to maintain satisfactory grades with their abilities with a minimum average of 76 %. All test grades below 76 must be retaken at the end of the course.
No make-up tests are given until the student has acquired 1200 hours. Make-up testing is available at specific times. The grading table implemented is as follows:
- 95 – 100 excellent
- 76 – 85 fair
- 90 – 95 good
- below 76 failing
- 85 – 90 average
Required Educational Materials
- Milady Standard Cosmetology Textbook ISBN 139781435482081
- Milady Standard Cosmetology Practical Workbook ISBN 139781418049522
- Milady Standard Cosmetology Theory Workbook ISBN 13978148049539
- Milady Standard Cosmetology Student Exam Review ISBN 1418049433
Students will be eligible for state required examination upon completion of the 1000 hours of practical and theory Cosmetology training according to the Texas Department of Licensing & Regulation curriculum, have completed all practical applications and required assignments by the school, passed the school written and practical exams, and have paid for tuition and any other debts due the school.
- SUMMA CUM LAUDE – graduates with a grade point average of 95 – 100 on all weekly chapter tests, a 90 average on the final exam and with less than 5 days absent.
- CUM LAUDE – graduates with a grade point average of 90 – 94 on all weekly chapter tests, a 90 average on the final exam and with less than 10 days absent.
- SEGUIN BEAUTY SCHOOL SCHOLAR – graduates with a grade point average of 100 on all weekly chapter tests and a 90 average on the final exam.
- ALPHA LAMBDA DELTA – Junior students with a grade point average of 95 -100 on all weekly chapter tests and with perfect attendance for the first 450 hours.